Sunday 15 August 2010

shopping list


...had a lovely morning in Saltburn yesterday, sauntering around the farmers market. Determined to have a couple of hours away from the studio to recharge the batteries. Bought a pretty little tea set from the charity shop on the corner - supposed to be for the girls but I haven't quite handed it over yet! 3 Staffordshire dinner plates with a pretty folklore print to add to my mix match crochery cupboard. 4 cup cakes for a friends birthday. 2 large bunches of garden flowers mainly brightly coloured stattis which I haven't bought for years and looks great!!! Managed to fill my jute bag full of goodies from the local deli. And finally bought a wonderful collection of 'persicaria amplexicaulis' for the garden - hark at me - been watching far too much gardeners world of late... only joking - had to write the name down as soon as I got to the car before I forgot. I tend to name plants such as 'the sweet red bell like flower and the blue feathery swaying one at the back end of the garden' when I need to describe my plants, as attached as I am to them all I must start to learn their 'birth' names!! I bought them from my new find 'dark star plants' (which I am rediculously excited about) ran by the gorgeous Jenny (who I bumped into yesterday and hadn't seen her for over 13 years as we went through the Princes Trust, many years ago, together). So my addiction to buying plants will continue as I have found my new 'supplier'...Have a lovely weekend - I now have to find time from the studio to do some planting between the rain and low cloud and they call this August!!!............

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...