Friday 7 January 2011

let me introduce...

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful this week has been. The first week of the new year is always full of excitement and slight anticipation to what is ahead. While the printers have been whooshing back and forth working hard on the orders for January - I have been sat (quietly) in the sewing corner of the studio happily assembling and working on the new collection, listening to music that I haven't heard in ages (always takes you on a journey - music is such a diary). I feel amazingly grateful and contented this week with 'my lot', and inparticular - extremely lucky - to be able to run my own business, with lovely people, gorgeous clients, I only have to walk two steps to work (although having studio attached to the house allows you to get side tracked sometimes - particularly christmas cake), and every day is a creative day - no one day is the same.
In my sewing corner this week I have been busily working on little 'vintage house signs'. I mainly work with brides but I do have a small little group of clients who are not on the marital route. I have decided to introduce a little avenue of sweet goodies to display around the home, workroom, office, shop, studio so for those of you who are loving the new Vintage Drawer Collection can indulge in a little trinket for yourself. Don't be shy if there is a little sign or business name you would like but we don't stock, drop us a line and let us make something special for you. We will be producing a few sets of open and closed signs which would not only be great for a studio/shop but if your kitchen is particularly busy, like mine, perfect to let the family know when you have retired for the evening!!! I'll post the finished signs that will be available to purchase over at studio snippets (hopefully tomorrow). We also have a little pile of bookmarks all waiting to go to good homes - these will also be available tomorrow. The web site is almost completed and will announce here over the next couple of weeks.
This little piece of decorated linen is for the lovely Julie over at Vintage & Cake. She was the winner of one of our name ties - which has been re-invented into a hanging sign for her kitchen. Let me know what you think of the collection so far, I love to receive comments - especially while working alone in the studio this week- is anyone out there???????



3 comments:

Julie Woods said...

I love IT, thanks so much Vicky, bless you! I really cant wait to receive this in the post what a treat! xxx

Perdita Tinsel said...

Oh how darling are those! I want to get married all over again so I can have a pic-nic reception with dear little fabric names on the tables (but seeing as i married last year it's a bit early for vow renewal or an Ivana-Trump style serial bride situation LOL!).

vicky trainor said...

You could always have a Mr and Mrs sign to hang above the marital bed!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...