Saturday 14 April 2012

www.thunderousgreyandmossgreenholidays.com

 ....the first week of the Easter school holidays were spent working very hard to compensate for some time away from the studio a little farmhouse 'getaway' in the beautiful and ever calming Northumberland National Park.  It rained.  Every day.  The sun not to be seen.  But it was still so very beautiful.  We were surrounded on the farm by lambs, chickens, french hens, the girls thought it was all a mighty fine adventure (they didn't realise we were staying on a farm), fields, the fast running river, the smell of the wood burner (my favourite smell).
 ...we were brave, we ventured outside - sometimes even being able to get out of the car to walk and saunter in a gentle mist - then rush back to the car before the heavens were to open again...


  ...we walked where Romans had walked....

 ...we watched the skies to predict our movements for every hour...

 ...Ava wouldn't part with her wellies..waiting to quickly put them on every time the car parked...


 ..."we watched the boats coming in and going out again"....

 ....walked by more rivers trying to ensure that the dogs didn't jump in and end up at the end of the Tyne in 0.04 seconds - the water was running so fast and was so strong...


 ...and at every opportunity possible we found a playground...




...and the morning we awoke to come home - there she was in all her fine glory - starting to tease through the clouds.....from cloud grey to sky blue in just under an hour.....



Ava was very put out - she didn't want to go home.  Mia is free-spirited and was quite happy as long as she could jump in puddles for the last time before departing.  And me - I was happy that life had just stopped for a week - could sit and do nothing if I chose to - but of course I took my sewing with me, needle in one hand, wine in the other, and if I had had a third hand it would have contained chocolate.  And because I have been such a good girl of late - Mr Hunter - allowed me the time to visit RE and spend a little pocket money.....so here in the following photos is a little bit of sunshine from Corbridge.....














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww: remembering when my kids' enjoyment of a holiday depended on playground. Now, we hunt for wi-fi spots! Lovely pics, by the way!

Alison Stafford Creative said...

Love your page so couldn't resist a sneaky peak at your blog. Shame about the weather, but I guess that's April! Have just stopped hyperventilating at your pics of that shop....RE - I HAVE TO GO THERE!!! Can you let me know where it is. Please please please. :)

vicky trainor said...

Hi Alison - it is in Corbridge hidden behind the Shell Garage nr The Angel Hotel xxxxxx

Alison Stafford Creative said...

THanks! I'm on it! :D x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...